Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What A Kind Gift From a Special, Kind Person






I was fortunate enough to take the Kim Fields class last October. It was a wonderful class, and Kim is an exceptional artist and instructor! The class was filled with great information, a lot of friends, new aquaintances and a lot of fun!

The first part of November the mailman, whom I stalk on a regular basis, brought me a very special box...that contained a lot of very special surprises...from an especially kind person. In the class I also had the privledge of meeting Mary Beth, who said she was familiar with my electroformed beads. The box was from Mary Beth and was filled, and I do mean FILLED, with Mother Natures finest offerings for anybody who enjoys electroforming. (Above is just half of the contents, as every folded paper contains another sheet of harvest) She enclosed a note explaining that she had spent "some time" in the woods collecting leaves, plants, flowers, anything she thought might be interesting in copper. Everything was pressed and packaged with care.

Mary Beth, I don't know if you ever read my blog, but you have no idea how much that meant to me. It was during a period when I was pretty much under the weather, and not able to work for a few weeks. Now that I am back to electroforming, I broke out the "box of treasures" and think I will finally be putting them to use.
Words cannot express how much I appreciate your kind gesture!! Thank you again!

6 comments:

Marcia Antle said...

Oh No, i went to etsy and you have no beads available for sale? I really need some of those beads, very badly! Do you do any special orders? Thanks. Marcy
mantle@piedmontcenter.com

Jasmine said...

What an amazing gift. Your friend is very thoughtful.

Suzi Smith said...

Yes a lovely gift.... your beads are amazing mini masterpieces! I came over from jasmine's...i'm stunned... your work is beautiful.

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Ladies, Thanks for the nice comments on the beads :)

Marcia, I will email you. I have been working on inventory for a show and not listing much. If you see a bead that is not marked sold, you are welcome to email me and I will list it reserved for you! Thank you so much for your interest.

Suzi, it is nice to meet you! Thanks for your kind feedback. I visit Jasmine's blog quite a bit. Her work is amazing. I will have to hop on over to yours too!

Yes, it was a very nice surprise, and much needed at the time. Now I need to put some of the organics to use.

Thanks again for visiting my blog!

joanne May said...

Your glass work is incredible and so organic in shape and colour. I love your beads very much. They are like magical gems!:)
A beautiful collection of leaves as well.
Good to visit you. I am now following your blog and I would like to put your site on my creative blog list, if that is ok?:)
Jo May.

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Hello Jo May! It is wonderful to meet you. I would very much appreciate you including my blog on your creative blog list, thank you so much! Also, thank you for the bead kudos. It is always nice to hear feedback, and I always hope people enjoy seeing them half as much as I enjoy making them. I work full time, so torch time is very precious to me. Thanks again, and now I'm off to visit your blog! Have a great weekend, Lisa