Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pelican Nebula Inspired Bead


I had the pleasure this weekend to meet Heather Sellers of Dragonfly Lampworks. She came to Indy to take a private class on organic techniques, which honored me very much. She is a very talented lampworker, and makes the most adorable glass creations.

Above is one of the demo class beads. The colors on this one turned out so vibrant! These beads are inspired by Pelican Nebulas, which is also pictured.

Thanks for peeking, and be sure to stop by Heather's blog!

3 comments:

Julie Miller Glass said...

I get it now "nebula named pelican" but I still don't see the pelican (in the original but I wouldn't put it past you to have a pelican murrini in there somewhere). I never did see the hidden image in those "magic eye" pictures either. Guess it's a personal defect of some kind.

Lovely bead!

Dragonfly Lampworks said...

Wow! Your Nebula bead turned out absolutely beautiful! The depth is amazing Lisa. It was such a pleasure to learn so many wonderful techniques. Thank you again, Heather :)

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

You are welcome Heather! It was my pleasure, and wonder to meet you. You make wonderful beads! I hope to see you again soon...think about the Gathering or Bead and Button! Lisa