Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Viking Knit Bracelet - Acorn Bead Caps

My little sister, Carmen, came over last night and I showed her how to do viking knit, and this is one of the bracelets that we made. I so enjoy spending time with Carmen, and love how close we are. This is just one more thing that we share...the joy of creating!

Since I started doing focals two years ago, I've spent little time doing smaller beads. We had to dig through the leftover, older beads, but I think it turned out pretty good.

Copper wire, lampwork bead, electroformed acorn caps for bead caps, and accent beads:

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Robin said...

It's beautiful Lisa!! I'm so glad you like creating the Viking Knit.,,they're very addicting. You took to this weave very quickly in my class so I knew you're pieces would be wonderful. Love the acorn caps, very original!!

I can't wait to see more!!
Robin

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks Robin! I have been collecting different types of acorn caps, and love using the organic materials in my jewelry. How FUN!

Mariealena Calabrese said...

I can't wait to try this! I love the colors in this bracelet. You made the end caps for the knit as well I am assuming?

Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Hi Mariealena, and thanks! Yes, I made the end caps, but I think I have found a great new source. I'm picking them up tomorrow, and I think they will be very simple plain caps...just what I've been searching for. If they work well, I will send you some and share the source.