The Marv is Marvelous!


I was lucky enough to test this new tool for Fultra, and I think "The Marv" is marvelous! I had never used any tool like it, and now find myself using it on every bead I make. It shapes and smoothes out the glass like a dream, is awesome for sealing the edges of dichro and perfect for rolling out murrini. It is well constructed, well balanced, feels great in your hand....and, it is FUN to use!
This is not a paid endorsement...I just wanted to share this very cool tool with my lampworking friends.
Thanks to Fultra for introducing me to this tool!
Description from the Fultra website:
"The Marv is a shaping and sculpting tool for lampworkers. With the brass roller mounted on bearings, it moves smoothly along your work. Much like a rolling pin shapes dough, The Marv helps you shape your glass work.

As you hold the stainless steel handle, roll the brass end along your work to flatten, shape or smooth it. Use it to create uniform edges and push down murrini. Try creating a three-sided bicone or shaping the neck of a vessel.See the Tips page for many ideas on how you can use The Marv in your work. Its the perfect tool at a great price."

Thanks for looking!