Sunday, April 4, 2010

Playing With Sand Blasting

sold
sold
sold

Here are first attempts at sand blasting on beads. Samma and I are putting our heads together, playing and experimenting.
The first two photos are "Man In The Moon", front and back. The front has been lightly blasted for a soft etched look. I wish I had not added the star, as I think it takes away from the bead instead of adding something to it. The last two beads were blasted fast and furious for a deeper blast, more like engraving. We have made some progress in figuring out the process, and our next task is to do some blasting in stages for a more dimensional result.
Today will be spent at the torch making leaf/tree beads, and then much of the afternoon spent outside with my lovely daughter preparing the flower gardens for planting.
I hope everyone has a Happy Easter!! Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Samma said...

OHMYGOSH...love 'em, love 'em. What an exciting journey this is going to be! You rock!
Samma

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

We are going to have a lot of fun with Samma! Thanks for the moon idea :) Next we need to blast some marbles!!

Beadwright said...

OMG these are just beautiful. Actually took my breath away.

Nicole/Beadwright

Jasmine said...

I love the man in the moon. Rewminds me of a staircase to the heavens (space) so stunning.

Glad you had a good Easter xJ

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks Jasmine and Nicole! Your kind comments mean so much!!

Jasmine, your bead is done, and I should be able to electroform the leaf Thursday. I have to be home while it processes, as I need to turn it every hour or so to avoid wire marks. I will email you when I take it to the post office :)

Thanks again!