Friday, October 31, 2008

Indiana State Museum - November Artist in Residence


Happy Halloween!! I hope everyone is enjoying the wonderful fall weather.
Tomorrow is my first day at the Indiana State Museum as the November Artist in Residence. I will be doing a presentation the first four Saturdays from 11:00 - 1:00. I spent a few hours this morning setting up the display case and dropping off some peices for the gift shop. The museum is beautiful, and I'm looking forward to taking in all the sights while I'm there. If you are local, please stop by. I would enjoy seeing you! (Directions and schedule links below)

Tomorrow is also my birthday, and my mother and sister are meeting me downtown. After the presentation, we are going to lunch at a greek restaurant that is conveniently located next to a great bead store. Maybe a little shopping afterwards...... Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Jennifer Cameron said...

Happy Birthday Miss Lisa! Good luck tomorrow and enjoy your lunch and bead shopping. I will be at Lucas Oil Stadium watching my sister in the State Marching band finals.

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks Jen for the birthday wish (I'm getting old!) Tomorrow must be "Sister Day". My sister is going to help me tomorrow. The museum was pretty busy today, so I'm hoping for a good turn out. Have fun the LOS (it's awesome), and I hope your sister does well!! I hope you make it next weekend!

Jill Q said...

No doubt your presentation went splendidly. Wish I could be there to buy out all your items in the Museum Shop!

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks Jill, It went very well. If you are ever in Indy, you should check out the museum. It really is a wonderful establishment! This is my last committment for a while, and will hopefully be listing in my Etsy shop very soon. As always, I appreciate you!

Miriam said...

A belated happy birthday. I am just visiting your blog today. I hope you had a great day. I am a Scorpio to, my birthday is on the 11th of November. ;-)
I am looking forward to your photo's of the exhibition.

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Hi Miriam, Thank you, I had a wonderful day. After the museum, my daughter, sister, mother and I went for lunch. It was a beautiful day here (sunny and 72 degrees)and we walked the square and visited the shoppes. Thanks again, and Happy Birthday to you! I hope you enjoy your day as much.