Thursday, October 16, 2008

Electroformed Acorn Caps and Copper Viking Knit

As mentioned in my post below, I took a viking knit class yesterday, and this is what I made today. I chose to use copper with more electroformed acorn caps. Finding end caps for viking knit is harder than I thought it would be, so I decided to make my own out of copper tubing and acorn caps. (Plus I'm impatient and did not want to wait) As it turns out, I like how they match the bead caps, so it was worth the work. The patina on the copper shines with colors of gold, magenta and red. For my first attemp after class, I am pretty happy with the results. Back to the torch for me!!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Lisa, your Viking Knit turned out beaut-e-mous, Great job!!!

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks Robin, you are a great instructor. It was one of the most organized, well thought-out classes I've ever taken. Great job to you! Not to mention it was great to spend the afternoon with you visiting! Thanks again!

Julie Miller said...

WOW! I think this is the best one yet. Nice job Lisa!!

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thank you Julie!

Mariealena Calabrese said...

I love the asymmetry of this piece. So, you take a class, and in one day you look like you've been doing it for years. Oh how the jealousy runs through my veins! I think I'll try knitting now.

Isabella's Beads

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks again Mariealena. You are so sweet. You really should try the viking knit. It's really not hard at all! I will show you how when I come to PA if you have not taken a class by then. I think I will take a full week vacation and stay a few extra days. I can't wait to meet you!