Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FUN with Fall Organics - Electroformed Acorn Bead Caps


I have been making inventory for the State Museum show, and having FUN!!! Walking around my yard looking for leaves a few weeks ago, I started picking up acorns. We have HUGE oak trees and acorns are plentiful! I have been looking for unusal copper bead caps, with no luck, so I decided to make my own using the acorn caps. This copper bracelet has a focal bead using powdered frits, electroformed acorn bead caps and accent beads (fire opal, copper and trade beads).
There are more of these to come. I have focals in the works and bead caps in the cooker. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Lori Smith said...

I love it!! The acorn caps are PRECIOUS!!!

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks Lori, I'm so glad you like them. I love using the organic materials! Thanks again for the nice comment.

Mariealena Calabrese said...

If you weren't my friend I would be extremely jealous of you. This is where you outshine everyone else, in my opinion. Your creativity knows no bounds. They are beautiful! I wish I had your ability.

Isabella's Beads

karen said...

Gezzz Lisa, you're too creative for your own good!
I want to be you when/if I ever get organized!
karen

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks Karen and Mariealena, but you ladies are way too kind. I struggle with jewelry, so I really do appreciate the encouragment. Beads will always be my passion, and main focus! Thanks again for your kindness!!

Jill Quisenberry said...

What a wonderful design! Great color and scale, and I just adore the acorn caps!

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks Jill! It is so great to hear from you! I hope all is well, and that you have been making lots of your beautiful jewelry!

JulieO said...

Hey LisaA!

I love, love, love the acorns! WOW! You are amazing. This is the first time all week I've had some serious "me" time to play on the internet. Wow. Okay, again, what is the mantra?? "WHEN I GROW UP I WANNA BE JUST LIKE YOU..." Can't wait to catch up this week....talk to you soon. JulieO

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Thanks JulieO! I hope you have had good travels this week. I'm really having fun with the jewelry. We need a play / torch day soon. (Don't ever grow up JulieO...we like you just the way you are!!) Thanks again!