Almost a Water Baby

About a year ago, I was presented with a challenge by a few of my lampwork buddies...NO water babies, meaning that no bead gets dunked. (You know who you are!) Well, I was sure tempted on this one. I wish I had taken a before picture. It was one ugly bead! It was wrong from the beginning, so I put a layer of color over it, razor cut, added a layer of dichro, added some silver glass, razor cut again...and then I over fumed it to the point of not being able to clean it off. Staying with the challenge, into the kiln it went.

Tonight I decided to lap it and see what was beneath. It's not the greatest bead, but it is certainly improved, and kind of cool. I'm really enjoying the lapidary process.